Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm herrrrrrrre

Hello Everyone. I have made it to korea safely and sound. Kyung's family was waiting for me when I finally got my bags and made it through customs.
I guess you could say it "looks" justlike the US over here, but you definitely get that "I'm in another country" feel like you would any place I suppose. I slept for most of the plane flight. I watched the Spiderwick Chronicles, that was alright. I talked with the young man sitting next to me and he was very nice too.
The first meal I had here was naeng-myun (냉면)


남자 진구's favorite (sometimes):-) It's a cold noodle dish, sometimes spicy, sometimes not so much. Mine had small thinly sliced cucumbers, asian pear and another veg. I cannot remember. I am trying hard to use only 한국어!!! (<--korean) [han-guk-oh] (word of the day) but it is not so-so easy. Adjuma (kyungs aunt) speaks a little bit of english, so does her son. But it's good to be puching myself. I am a bit ok a lot (but slooooowly hitting me) Jet Lagged. So I will leave you with a video I made a short while ago and images of my June room.... :-)
love, love, love
노미
ROOM

6 comments:

Tom said...

Hey! Great to hear you're settling in. Do they have boba over there? :) If I'm not mistaken, I think it originated in Taiwan, so I don't know whether or not to expect it in Korea... Anyhow, that's a little irrelevant :) Sorry to be ignorant, but who is Kyung?

Alrighty, hope all continues to go well,
Tom.

노미입니다 said...

Oh Yeah, for those that do not know... Kyung is my Korean Tutor in Cambridge. She is from Seoul and will be returning with her husband for the summer. In Fall she goes to Columbia in NYC for her MBA.

Unknown said...

Sweet. Thanks for including me on your journey, Noms!

-Phoebe

Daddy said...

What happened to your wrist?

노미입니다 said...

Just Strained, nothing to worry about. I've been keeping it wrapped and and using a little bengay on it. Kyung's Aunt is taking care of me :-)

Daddy said...

Glad to hear everything is OK. BTW you are VERY photogenic. Get some sleep